The West Monitor Barn is a very unique, green wedding venue.
All proceeds from renting the West Monitor Barn go towards funding Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) programs, which employ hundreds of young people to work on high-priority conservation and education projects across the state of Vermont each year.
For photos of recent events, check out our facebook page.
A Saturday rental is $5,500.
We require a signed contract and a 50% deposit to hold a date.
Two hundred people fit comfortably in the barn.
**A limited number of Sundays in 2014 are now available for $4,500.
May 3rd, May 10th, July 5th, October 25th
July 6th, July 13th, July 27th
August 3rd, August17th, August 24th
September 7th, September 14th, September 28th
October 5th, October 12th, October 19th
May 2nd, May 9th
July 4th, July 11th, July 25th
August 1st, August 15th, August 22nd, August 29th
September 5th, September 6th
October 10th, October 17th, October 31st
Our availability is updated regularly
Included in the rental fee:
- Restored historic timber frame reception space
- Back deck for cocktail hour
- Use of VYCC tables and chairs
- Large commercial kitchen for your caterer’s use
- Two single-occupancy bathrooms
- Two locker rooms with stalls and showers
- Conference room for bridal suite, storage, childcare, etc
- Elevator and ADA accessible building
- Back field for ceremony with gorgeous views of surrounding hills
- Access to Hay Mow from 8am-5pm the Friday before for set-up.
We have a six acre organic farm onsite – 80% of the food grown is given away to Vermonters in need. Working with your chosen caterer to source produce from our farm supports our food security efforts while providing your guests the ultimate farm-to-table experience.
Green Wedding Venue:
- “Solar Orchard” comprised of 14 solar trackers
- Composting on-site
- Low-water restroom facilities
- Located on 200 acres of conserved land
- Restored historic (1903) facility
- Rustic, natural setting with access to VYCC trails
- Organic flowers, produce, and pasture-raised poultry available for sale
- Proceeds support conservation work across Vermont and continued preservation of the Monitor Barns and their surrounding land.