The West Monitor Barn is a very unique, green wedding venue.
All proceeds from renting the West Monitor Barn go towards funding Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) programs, which employ hundreds of young people to work on high-priority conservation and education projects across the state of Vermont each year.
For photos of recent events, check out our facebook page.
A Saturday rental is $5,500 plus 9% tax ($5,995)
We require a signed contract and a 50% deposit to hold a date.
Two hundred people fit comfortably in the barn.
A limited number of Sundays in 2017 and 2018 are now available for $4,500.
Wedding Date Availability
Sundays: please inquire for availability
August 5th,12th, 26th
October 8th, 28th
May 5th, 12th
June 23rd, 30th
July 7th, 28th
August 4th, 11th, 25th
September 1st, 2nd,8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
October 6th, 7th, 13th, 20th, 27th
Our availability is updated regularly
Included in the rental fee:
- Restored historic timber frame reception space
- Back deck for cocktail hour
- Use of VYCC tables and chairs
- Large commercial kitchen for your caterer’s use
- Two single-occupancy bathrooms
- Conference room for bridal suite, storage, childcare, etc
- Elevator and ADA accessible building
- Back field for ceremony with gorgeous views of surrounding hills
- Access to Hay Mow from 8am-5pm the Friday before for set-up.
We have a six acre organic farm onsite – 80% of the food grown is given away to Vermonters in need. Working with your chosen caterer to source produce from our farm supports our food security efforts while providing your guests the ultimate farm-to-table experience.
Green Wedding Venue:
- “Solar Orchard” comprised of 14 solar trackers
- Composting on-site
- Low-water restroom facilities
- Located on 200 acres of conserved land
- Restored historic (1903) facility
- Rustic, natural setting with access to VYCC trails
- Organic flowers, produce, and pasture-raised poultry available for sale
- Proceeds support conservation work across Vermont and continued preservation of the Monitor Barns and their surrounding land.
- Bevo is our exclusive bar service.
- Vermont Tent Company is our exclusive rental service
- We can suggest a caterer, but you’re welcome to choose your own, hire a food truck, have a potluck, or cook yourself
- Event insurance is required
- The barn is not air conditioned or heated, but Vermont Tent Company offers excellent fans and heaters
To inquire about a date or schedule a tour, please fill out this form, please use your “tab” button to scroll all the way to the end to click “submit”: