The West Monitor Barn is a very unique, green wedding venue.
All proceeds from renting the West Monitor Barn go towards funding Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) programs, which employ hundreds of young people to work on high-priority conservation and education projects across the state of Vermont each year.
For photos of recent events, check out our facebook page.
A Saturday rental is $5,500.
We require a signed contract and a 50% deposit to hold a date.
Two hundred people fit comfortably in the barn.
A limited number of Sundays in 2014 and 2015 are available for $4,500.
August 3rd, August17th, August 24th
September 7th, September 14th, September 28th
October 5th, October 12th, October 19th
May 2nd, May 9th
July 4th, July 11th,
September 5th, September 6th
October 10th, October 17th, October 31st
Sundays: please inquire for availability
Our availability is updated regularly
Included in the rental fee:
- Restored historic timber frame reception space
- Back deck for cocktail hour
- Use of VYCC tables and chairs
- Large commercial kitchen for your caterer’s use
- Two single-occupancy bathrooms
- Two locker rooms with stalls and showers
- Conference room for bridal suite, storage, childcare, etc
- Elevator and ADA accessible building
- Back field for ceremony with gorgeous views of surrounding hills
- Access to Hay Mow from 8am-5pm the Friday before for set-up.
We have a six acre organic farm onsite – 80% of the food grown is given away to Vermonters in need. Working with your chosen caterer to source produce from our farm supports our food security efforts while providing your guests the ultimate farm-to-table experience.
Green Wedding Venue:
- “Solar Orchard” comprised of 14 solar trackers
- Composting on-site
- Low-water restroom facilities
- Located on 200 acres of conserved land
- Restored historic (1903) facility
- Rustic, natural setting with access to VYCC trails
- Organic flowers, produce, and pasture-raised poultry available for sale
- Proceeds support conservation work across Vermont and continued preservation of the Monitor Barns and their surrounding land.
- Bevo is our exclusive bar service.
- Vermont Tent Company is our exclusive rental service
- We can suggest a caterer, but you’re welcome to choose your own, hire a food truck, have a potluck, or cook yourself
- Event insurance is required
- The barn is not air conditioned or heated, but Vermont Tent Company offers excellent fans and heaters
To inquire about a date or schedule a tour, please fill out this form: